When building a website, you need a platform that will give you the freedom to design and build something with high quality. Whether it’s for business promotion, opening an eCommerce store, an online portfolio, or a blog, you can do that with Wix.
How do you make a website using Wix? Here is a quick step-by-step guide.
- Create a Wix account. Open the Wix homepage and click on Get Started. Choose your log-in credentials or use your Facebook or Google details and you’re in.
- Answer Wix’s questions. You will be prompted with a few questions about the website you are trying to build, including whether you’d like to use the Wix Editor or use the Wix ADI tool.
- Let the Wix ADI tool create the foundations of your site. Wix has a designer powered by artificial intelligence that will build a website and give you options based on your answers. Here, you can to custom edits by clicking:
- Elements - Customize by changing colors, fonts, adding buttons, or adding text
- Add A Page - Build your site by adding new pages from the templates available
- Design - Choose global themes, layouts, colors, fonts, and more.
- Pick out a Wix template. Wix is home to hundreds of customizable templates for different types of websites. Make use of the filters available to find the best match for you.
- Unleash your creative side by using the Wix Editor. Go beyond the template and add elements of your own brand by using Wix’s drag and drop editor.
- Enhance the user experience by using Wix Apps. Wix has a marketplace of free and premium apps that can offer added functionality to your site. Some of the apps you can use are:
- Wix Pro Gallery
- Instagram Feed
- Right Click Protect
- Google AdSense
- Google Event Calendar
- Spotify Player
- Podcast Player
- Publish your site. Once everything’s ready, publish your site and you’re good to go!
Wix is one of the most affordable and easy-to-use website builders in the market today. Learn more about it by seeing how Page Kits compares Wix to WordPress.