Have you gained experience in the growing world of e-commerce? Do you understand all there is to know about domains, web hosting, and website building? Want to share this knowledge with others? PageKits welcomes writers and contributors; thought leaders and aspiring entrepreneurs, who can create value-added content for our brand and readers.
If you find that you are one of these people, we’d be more than willing to have you write a guest post. However, just so that we’re all on the same page, do check out our editorial guidelines to help you get started. We use these as a rubric for assessing submitted content prior to publishing, to ensure uniformity on all fronts.
Content We’re After
First timer? Allow us to walk you through what we’re after. Although this should not limit you, these should give you a general idea of what we usually ask for. Feel free to breathe some fresh air into the following ideas:
- Options and comparisons for web hosting
- The process of domain registration
- How websites can strengthen your brand identity
- Tips for building an e-commerce website
- Tactics for monetizing your website
- Advice on web security
We always look forward to reading new voices and styles, but please take note of the following content guidelines to make sure that your piece stands well on its own and is in the best shape it could possibly be in.
- Only submit original content that has not been previously published.
- Note that our readers are typically entrepreneurs, small business owners, and those who are generally new to the e-commerce industry.
- Only reference reputable sites and statistics that are up to date, and localized for our audience. Please link out to your sources, including products!
- Make sure that you have an introduction that gives readers a taste of what the rest of the article will be about.
- Strive for an informative tone – you shouldn’t be trying to sell a good or service so aggressively.
- Give context to individuals or organizations so that those who are unfamiliar with these things are given a chance to learn. Be sure to include abbreviations only after you have spelled out the whole phrase or term.
- Like we said, we want you to breathe some life into topics within our niche, so it’s best to avoid echoing what has been said and done before. We want to hear your thoughts, opinions, and tips integrated into the facts.
- Your piece should encourage readers to engage. Finish it off by asking them to drop a comment and share their thoughts.
Ensuring that you abide by a particular format will enhance readability. It also illustrates that you pay attention to detail. Here is our prescribed format:
- Include headings and subheadings to organize your piece. Use bullet points when needed.
- Limit paragraphs to 3-4 lines.
- Break up large chunks of text by writing paragraphs composed of 1-2 sentences, to emphasize certain points.
- Use basic fonts and formats to make the piece readable.
- Avoid overusing keywords or keyword stuffing just for the sake of ‘SEO.’ This can be counterproductive.
- Note that basic grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization rules will always apply.
- Practice parallelism, especially when you write lists. If you start with a noun, continue this for all subheadings. The same goes for starting with a verb or action.
- Integrate relevant images throughout the piece to grab readers’ attention.
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Think you now have a better idea of what to submit? We’d love to hear from you! We hope that these guidelines will help shape your piece the way you want it to look, and strengthen your writing in its entirety. You’ll learn to polish your piece, stick to the rules, and double-check your work so that your insights shine on their own.
There are many voices crowding the digital space and if you think you have what it takes to stand out, please do reach out! Please send us a message if you have any questions, and we’ll do our best to address them immediately. Looking forward to having you on board!